Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I believe that the Stanford student said that he wanted his grandchildren to volunteer at the same shelter as he did, because he wanted them to have the same experience he had. He wanted them to have their eyes open to the world we live in today and the struggles people deal with that never seem to get out of it. looking at all the homeless shelters in the world today and how it still isn't enough for our population, I don't think that we will ever not have homeless people just because of the economy we live in, which is sad to think about. Just think of how many people that become homeless in the first two months of 2009, it's a pretty big number. I don't think my grandchildren will be fortunate enough to see that there aren't any homelessness in the world, but i could have them help as much as possible to try and make it happen just like I'm doing and many of other people are too.

No comments: