Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ray LaMontagne is a great singer...and Toy Story 2 is okay!

I too am going to use Hazel Wolf's story as an example. "The more we listen to those who experiences and perspectives are unfamiliar, the more we realize what draws us together". I see it because although I do not agree with Hazel's view on salvation I can really respect what she stands for. Throughout her life she fought for unemployment support and lived as a person who actively keeps her world in order. I especially liked the part where she and the Native American first met, two people who in most cases have nothing in common then turned out to fight for the common cause of stopping an oil port from being brought to Washington's coast.

Well, in my life, I usually try not to put myself in situations where everyone has different viewpoints. After I read this chapter, however, I see the importance of mixing views and beliefs to be able to reach more people on a common ground, thereby expanding your cause.

3 comments:

Bow Maker said...

I am sure your thoughts were very good Austin, I just could not see it to read them. Sorry =P

-Jeremy

TylerMitchell said...

Hey lil bro, good blog post. That story was my favorite from this chapter too; the little lady just had so much charm and enthusiasm to her! That's cool that you were able to take something away from this chapter man.

And small text is not a valid excuse to not read your group members blogs. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to think of a way around that problem to actually read the blog. haha

Enrique Cardon said...

Hey Jeremy, if you go to the comment page of the posting, you can click "Show original post" and it will show you the post in a text that you are more comfortable reading.