Friday, February 6, 2009

Just a little about myself :)

I grew up in Flagstaff with my mother, sister, and father. My sister and I were taught the base fundamentals: how to share, how to communicate well with others, be nice, do not lie, and "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." These core values are probably the same ones instilled in most to all children.

As I have grown, those lessons really never changed but became more in depth. My teachers, while teaching me valuable skills I need in life, always based their conduct off of those values. My mother, who has always been and will be my greatest model for life, instilled those values with a conviction. She is not perfect and has made mistakes, but that helped me to understand that not one person is unerring.


I apply all of the things I learned as a child to my life now. Yes, it may sound somewhat ridiculous, but it works for me. It lets me know at times when I feel like being rude, ungrateful, or closed off I shouldn't be. Life seems complicated every once and awhile, and when I think about my values and those things that matter life becomes less of a struggle. Then I am reminded of what I can do for others.

The best thing I can offer to the world is myself: my time, efforts, and compassion. I enjoy helping others and doing hands on recreations. Honestly, I don't know how to seperate my strengths, because when I evaluate myself I don't see seperate pieces. I see me as a compelation of things I have learned and experienced thus far.

No comments: