Sunday, February 22, 2009

Listen to others and learn

"I haven't written for a few days, because I wanted first of all to think about my diary. It's an odd idea for someone like me to keep a diary; not only because I have never done so before, but because it seems to me that neither I - nor for that matter anyone else - will be interested in the unbosomings of a thirteen-year-old schoolgirl. Still, what does that matter? I want to write, but more than that, I want to bring out all kinds of things that lie buried deep in my heart." (from The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, 1952)

Many of us live in a superficial world and are unaware of what goes on around our surrounding. Living our existence day by day by sipping on our latte’s pretending that all is well and all is fine. Disregarding that such cruelty and inequality is happening across the world. Such stories like Anne’s Frank helps us recognize such issues exist. The story of Anne Frank is a very touching and powerful one that has brought awareness of victims of the Nazi’s genocide during WWII. We are fortunate to read Anne’s diary which has allowed us to see through her eyes during this atrocious period. We have an opportunity to understand how cruel humans can be to each other and also this book reminds how we should treat each other, justly. Through her story she has brought strength hope and courage to many that have read her diary. Listenng to eah other can help us learn about ourselves. We can learn about cultures and the values poeple sponsor, and about the challenges people confront as they live their daily lives.

Life is good and beautiful and we should not take it for granted. I have many experiences that have evolved me to be the person I am today. I am proud and don’t regret a moment in my life. Through experiences like gangs, death, migrate, drugs, army, war, love, South America, hate, school, homeless, activist, teacher have molded me to be a strong passionate person.

2 comments:

Lewis Jr. said...

Good job Isreal, quoting Anne Frank. I agree with what you have written. People are needlessly cruel. Sometimes we do get caught up in other superficial things. However, can we always give our best to people? Sometimes we say things or do things that were never ment to hurt anyone but they did unintentionally. I agree life is way to short to not enjoy "properly."

Dr. V said...

I agree Israel and people can be very cruel, especially little kids. I always wondered why people don't correct kids when they talk bad about people or are cruel. I sometimes look at the Native American culture because they are not materialist or superficial.