Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two Lives

“Other people’s stories can expand our view of the world.” The only stories that you truly know are the ones that you have lived through. These are things that just happen in your world, the things that you are used to. But when listening to others it shows you that that person may have a completely different world than you are used to. When listening to those different stories you can see the different experiences that an individual might have had. It’s important to listen to them because without other peoples stories, how would you know about anything else besides what goes on in your own life.

When it comes to my life stories, there aren’t too many since I’m still young. But the one that I think could probably sum up my life is that since the beginning of high school I basically have had 2 different lives. I decided at the beginning of freshman year that I wanted to move back to Iowa to live with my dad. It was a great experience and I wouldn’t change it for the world. But after a year I moved back to Arizona. This was the start to me having one set of small town country friends and family, who are in my home town, to a completely different set of city born and raised here in Arizona. It doesn’t sound like that big of a thing, but to me it has actually taught me a lot in a way and has set me to be who I am today.

No comments: