Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A New Perspective

By listening to others' stories we gain a different view on the world. We began to see the world in a new perspective. Listening to one's story is important because it helps us learn about them. It may also even help us gain a sense of ourselves. Also by listening to another's story we might help them feel more comfortable with their self and become more of a stronger individual, and we might even make a new friend in the process =).

... ... ...I don't have any exciting stories to tell from my life, nor do I have any that would sum my life up being so young. The only thing that shaped my views on community involvement was school. It started when I was in elementary with the can food drives and another that was walk for cancer, and that showed me that helping out other is a good thing and that good things come from it. I could of done a little more while in elementary but I was selfish and only thought of myself. When I got in high school I stated to do more for my community when I joined NHS. After that I just went from there and now I'm in SLICE doing all sorts of selfless acts.

No comments: