Friday, February 6, 2009

To shrink, or not to shrink......

"When we shrink from the world, our souls shrink too." Any living breathing soul cannot possibly sit back and be told how things will work and what to do everyday of their life without being a participant. In our world today, we have the right to speak out. As inhabitants of our own bodies, it is our responsibility to protect ourselves and those we love. As members of a community, we are entitled to our own ways of helping and improving the things and people within it. When you choose not to particiapte, you give up your rights. Many of us are sometimes afraid to speak up because we are only one person. However, if you feel strongly enough about something then your voice will be loud enough for someone to hear.

There have been several times where I kept my mouth shut about issues that I feel passionately about. I was afraid that I wouldn't have support and that my words would be shut down as quickly as they came out of my mouth. I would later regret not speaking up because now more than ever, my opinion was not voiced. If I had just said something, then I may have found that there were others who feel just as strongly as I did. Speaking your mind can sometimes depend on the time and the place. If I were to bring an issue to the table I would want to make sure that I was surrounded by an appropriate audience. However, I would encourage people to take a chance, voice your issue, don't be silent. We are all leaders who have an obligation to speak out, to be strong and to help effect change when we see fit.

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

No comments: