Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Throughout my life, I have always been taught to do my best to make my place in the world. So, as a child, I figured I needed to be famous. But not, as I've gotten older, I've realized that this means that I try my best to make the world a better place. Whether I give the world one less criminal by always being on my best behavior, not littering, or endangering the lives of others with my driving, I knew what I had to do. But as time went on, I began to feel a sense of unfulfillment and I wanted to know if there was more I could to do better the world. My church taught me how to do that. Through them I began to volunteer at 1st Way Crisis Pregnancy Center and St. Vincent de Paul for a few years. Also, through my high school, I went down to Tijuana, Mexico every spring break and we would rebuild the lives of the needy by building homes for the poor and homeless in Mexico. And when I heard about SLICE, how could I say no? I've dedicated my life to bettering the world, and SLICE is just one extra step I can take in doing that.

No comments: