Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The only failure is quitting

"We never know how the impact of our actions may ripple out. We never know who may be touched. That's one more reason why, although the fruits of our labors can't always be seen, they matter immensely."

This quote reminded me a lot about our class last Friday, I know Enrique has said many times that serving your community could be something as simple as holding open a door for a little old lady. Now although to us, holding open the door is something that may not seem to be a big deal, maybe a common courtesy at best, but it can make all the difference in the world to that little old lady or to someone who witnessed a youth taking a moment out of their day to hold open a door. I mean that act should practiced so common that it would be considered standard but time after time when I find myself holding doors open for people I would say that roughly about 20-40% of the people I hold the door open for do not even acknowledge my existence and just casually walk through without even making eye contact or thanks or anything!!!

No comments: