Sunday, February 1, 2009

Believe

I agree with the statement "When we shrink from the world, our souls shrink, too". Your beliefs are part of who you are. If you shy away from standing up for what you believe in then you lose that part of yourself. I have stayed silent over the issue of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's check points that he set up in towns to try and catch illegal immigrants. It wasn't that I was afraid of what would happen if I stood up it was more about not knowing how to voice my discontent. I feel that it is important to speak out instead of holding something in that is important to you. The only time I would discourage speaking out is if you are in a situation that could put you in danger if you voiced concern over a subject. If no one ever spoke out about injustice then there could be no change.

1 comment:

of.cedars said...

Well put. "Evil prevails when good men fail to act."