Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Speaking Out

"When we shrink from the world, our souls shrink, too." I couldn't agree more with this quote because I beleive that when a person becomes inactive, like they stop hanging out with friends, stop caring about specific subjects, he or she goes back into their comfort zone and they begin to lose contact with the world. There have been many times when I have stayed silent over public issues. Simply because I don't know too much about many public issues, and when I get involved in things that I don't know about, it just brings a whole world of problems along. But don't get me wrong, I have been to protests and rallies before, but over issues that I feel very passionate about and issues that I know a lot about. I do think it is better to speak out over an issue because speaking out and attending rallies and stuff really helps the soul grow and it helps you learn about things you never knew about. I attend pro-life rallies whenever I can, and I think I know everything there is to know about abortion, but at every rally I end up learning something I never knew before.
When I attend rallies, protests, or listen to a public speaker, it makes me a stronger, more compassionate person because it really helps me open up to issues I never knew about before.

2 comments:

Dr. V said...

Brittany:
I like your comment about attending rallies, etc. because this helps you understand the issue better but it also helps you open your mind. Have you ever attend a pro-choice rally? I'm not picking an issue but sometimes it is good to know both sides of an issue. Dr. V

Lyndsey Grinstead said...

I think it is great that you attend those rallies. I would like to know more about them if you could let me know. However, I would like to attend both pro-choice and pro-life. Like you mentioned about learning more each time you go, I think it would be a great experience to see both sides and learn more like Dr. V said. Lyndsey G.